Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Playing Catch Up!!

I have been terribly preoccupied lately and a horrible blogger. Brian and I have decided to build a house and just signed the contract today. For the past month or so I have been running around trying to make decisions on the house and have also been preparing to get our current home on the market. The thought of putting our home up for sale with an almost-3 year old and a 1 year old makes me want to just run and hide. I can barely keep up with it on a normal basis let alone try to get it in "show quality". We have also had serious internet connection issues and I have been without internet off and on for the last couple of weeks. Needless to say, I have missed you all and just got caught up in everyone's life. I've been wanting to comment to everyone to tell you all how much I have enjoyed reading your blogs so here is a brief synopsis:
Abi- What a Easter you guys had, yikes!! I'm so sorry you do not have the support of the whole family. It is tough when you are walking on eggshells (even if it is on Easter, ha!).
Ava- I was so thrilled to hear her surgery went well. Her little eyes look beautiful and how incredible that she is now seeing things almost for the first time, CLEAR!!
Avery- Wow, she is just doing so well. She just seems to be making progress in leaps and bounds. I think it is natural to take time away when you get caught up in your own life. How wonderful! I can't wait to hear from you guys and will love your blog whether you post daily or monthly.
Brady- How cute are he and Michael...I can't believe how much alike they are looking. Brady's cheeks look just super-kissable. I would be very distracted by them all day. :) I already am by Emerson's. They should be in a big cheek contest together.
Clare- What beautiful Easter pictures. I can't believe you only have 4 more weeks. Your pregnancy just flew by for me!! How about you? :))
Daven- He is just so super-cute. I love his new pictures you posted. You're right his photo shoot went well. He is a big boy going to the chiropractor. I felt so proud of him reading your post, but my heart broke for him at the same time. Why do our kids have to go through the things they do? It's just not fair.
Erik- I always love hearing what you have to say. Thanks for sharing your real thoughts on WS. I am dealing with some of these same thoughts on sharing photos of Emerson and also just sharing information about her in general. When people tell me how cute she is or make any comment on her I wonder if they are saying it because she looks different. I am not proud for thinking this. This is getting more difficult for me as she gets older and she keeps her cute little "pixie" look. Thank you for always being so brave and validating me and my thoughts.
Szabi- Sounds like you guys are keeping very busy. I just have to say I keep looking at the picture of Szabi and his Playboy and crack up every time. How funny are you!!
Tatum- Your girls are just the cutest. I loved the matching Easter outfits. Funny story how Emma outed you about the Easter basket. Better luck next year.

Well, I will try to post again soon on Emerson. Nothing has really changed lately with her. She continues to be super-happy and becoming more and more interactive every day. It is interesting though, because her development for me is truly on a relative scale. We got together with friends this past weekend and their baby girl is 4 months younger than Emerson and was whizzing by her trying to keep up with the bigger kids. My little Em, was content quietly sitting by herself watching the world go by. She just kept her eyes on the kids and sat without a peep or attempt to move. She is such an easy baby now, but when I really think about it I do get sad. I feel like she didn't even attempt to interact with them or move towards them because she couldn't.

Anyway, I missed all of you guys and had fun catching up.

6 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Good luck with the house(s). Remember to breathe!

I missed you!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

Thanks for the support and understanding!
As for the house building...yuck...my husband is a carpenter and I have decieded there is no way we could build a house.( we have an old Victorian that we live in and are re-doing, talk about stress) Good luck, try not to stress out too much!!
I'm sure it will be worth all of the work to have the house you have dreamed of.We have thought of selling our house and moving too...I agree with you though...the thought of my house being "show Quality" for any length of time is impossible!!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

I know how you feel, Nicole, about Emerson just watching the world. My heart always aches for Clare when we are in the similar situation. That is one of the hardest things for me.

Exciting news about building a house! And stressful, I know. We did not build our house, but we moved last year when Clare was a little over a year and Jamie was 3. It was a lot of hard work, but well worth the effort. We are so much happier where we are now! (And good thing, or we'd be putting three kids in one bedroom - yikes!)

10:26 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Ewwwww...moving. I wish I lived closer so I could help you pack. What a chore. By the way, it's ok to go away for awhile. It just makes me even happier when you come back!

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Building a house, that is super exciting! Logan and I have been toiling with that idea as well. Who knows what our future holds! Good luck, long road ahead...but it will all be worth it!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Cute post.I missed you
you all have been busy. How exciting about the house... we built our house I remember how fun it was to pick stuff out...Remember add it all now...the best thing we have is the toy room we almost did not get...Chris said he would finish the room himself after we moved in...yeah right...we are both so glad we finally decided on it.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home