Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Monday, February 05, 2007

Look Who's One!!

Emerson Grace turned 1 year old on Saturday. We had a big birthday party for her complete with family, friends, pooh themed party ware, lasagna, and of course, the cake. Emerson was in her element that day. I think she knew it was HER special day. She was just so smiley and happy the entire time.

I think I've mentioned in previous posts that I am so happy to get this first year under my belt. This passing of her 1st birthday was more symbolic of a new start then the actual new year. I think when I look back I've really blocked out quite a bit of it. For those of you who also had the extreme colick as part of the WS picture you know what I mean. It is absolutely necessary to forget all of that. I feel like the past 5-6 months I have really bonded with Emerson and every day fall more in love with her. She definitely has a sweet, endearing personality that comes shining through more each day. She has a very intense look of love when she is really feeling you. She looks at you with complete adoration and then comes in for the kiss which is usually with mouth wide open, tongue out.

Emerson loves her johnny jumper and is in complete heaven while jumping. She has a perma-grin and is crazily trying to jump across the room. If jumping were a possible mode of transportation we would be very mobile right now.


Emerson also has turned into a snuggler!! For the first 7 months, she never put her head down on my shoulder. I think she must have been so uncomfortable she just couldn't relax against us. She was so rigid and always pushing away. Now one of her favorite things is to get her back rubbed. She loves laying against us and us rubbing her back and head. She is complete jelly and makes the cutest sounds of complete contentment.

She is so cute when her daddy tries to give her kisses. She watches him very intently with a little grin and then at the last minute turns her head, playing hard to get. She then lifts her head up with her eyes still squeezed shut and face all squinched up and lets him get her.

Emerson has also turned into quite a little babbler. Her repetoire of sounds grows each day. She is really going to give her sister a run for her money when it comes to talking.
Emerson is a complete doll and gets so much attention everywhere we go. Random people stop and tell us what a beautiful baby we have. We know. We love her. And we are so happy to have her. We love you Emerson! Happy 1st Birthday!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Emerson! Thanks for sharing these moments with us...

Happened to drop by your blog by chance....

8:54 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I am so glad you all had a good time and Emerson looks like she really enjoyed her cake...Happy Birthday !!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Happy birthday, Emerson!! She looks so cute in her pigtails. (Brady could probably wear pigtails too, but his father would kill me!)

She has grown so much, accomplished so much - you should be proud of yourself, too, for all your own hard work. The pics are so adorable!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Aspen said...

Oh how did I miss her birthday?! I am terribly sorry Nicole. But a late HAPPY BIRTHDAY to that precious one year old! I love the pictures and the post. I absolutely know what you mean by forgetting the first few months. Colic just takes over your life when it is that bad. I am so happy that it is finally coming to an end. Glad the birthday party went well. Wish I could have been there.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Happy birthday, Emerson, you beautiful girl, you.

Wonderful photos. God, I love all of these kids as if they were my own. Sniff.

Congratulations to you, too. It's a big deal. Really big.

Nance

7:07 PM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Happy Birthday, Girlfriend! Such a pretty baby you are!

You have such a beautiful family, Nicole. Congrats to you for making it through that first year with your sanity intact. You did good, girl.

Love, Kim

4:34 PM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

Happy Birthday, Emerson! What beautiful birthday photos.

Getting that first year under your belt is a HUGE milestone! Congrats to you, Nicole, and your family for making it!!

5:03 AM  
Blogger Kati said...

Beautiful pics! I love Emerson with the pigtails :))))))
Thanks for sharing the pics!
Post-happy birthday to you, Em!!!!

Love, Kati

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home