Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Peek a boo!

Well, this is a great time to post to prevent me from going to give Emerson a great big hug and rocking her to sleep. I just peeked in at her (she is supposed to be napping) and she was sitting up in her crib and trying to peer between the slats in her crib. She caught a glimpse of me and gasped and started clapping. Oh my, am I in love!! She is just blossoming everyday. Now that she learned how to sit up on her own, she does this strange sitting-type roll to get where she needs to go. She has also started to move her legs a bit more when she is standing. She is not cruising furniture yet, but she is not as stiff and rigid as she used to be. Isn't it great how all of these little developmental steps can be so rejoiced!! She is now giggling more, especially for daddy, and is great at giving wet and sloppy kisses.

Sleep continues to go well and for that I am eternally grateful. There was a time, not long ago, when I would have given anything for where we are now. We put her to bed now wide awake and she has to figure it out. She goes to sleep on her own and stays sleeping all night. Who would have thought?!

We have just had a slew of check-ups and medically things are going ok. Her calcium levels have continued to creep up as we've added foods with calcium to her diet. Her levels are now at 11.3 so now her GI team wants me to eliminate milk products from her table foods, but keep her formula/calcilo concoction the same. I am cancelling her ear tube appointment because we have been ear infection free for the past month and a half so I'm going to push on that since we are headed for Spring. She just had her year normal doctor appointment and is at the 25th percentile for height and weight which is just pretty darn good and for that I am grateful. I will be trying to find a pediatric dentist for her shortly because her top front teeth are coming in looking pretty discolored (kind of brown looking) and that makes me very sad. Maybe they need to seal them or something...

Here are some photos of my girls when I left them alone (never a good idea) for a few minutes.
Ella definitely thinks that Emerson is her little doll. Look closely to find her under the hat amongst Ella's other friends. I think Emerson's expression in photo 2 says it all.
Ella gives Emerson so much love and attention. Sometimes it definitely can be a bit overwhelming, but sometimes 2 year olds are overwhelming. Gotta love that innocent face though!


P.S. I just peeked in again on Miss Em and she konked out on her back, arms above head. Don't you think that is the cutest way for a baby to sleep! Happy Wednesday everyone!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

very cute pictures...I think I have the same one with my girls...Emma smother tatum and tatum like get off me...Aren't little girls a trip

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new pictures! Both the girls are getting so big. The stories of sneaking in while they are relaxing in the crib...those are the most precious moments.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Your girls have such beautiful, striking eyes. Wow.

You are a better woman than I am. I cannot resist when Ava claps her hands or raises her arms to be picked up. Bad grandma, I am, 'cause I just love getting Ava out of bed!

By the way, Emerson has what I call "kissy cheeks". What a little doll.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home