Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Monday, December 18, 2006

Busy, Busy

What a busy weekend!! Brian and I attempted to go out for a fish fry with the girls on Friday night. (Side note: Are fish frys popular elsewhere or is that a Midwest thing?) Anyway, we haven't really been out to eat with both of the girls since Emerson was born. Since she cried for the first 6 months of her life we never really left the house. It's funny because if we go do something we are always so worried how Em is going to act and she is now just a very easy baby. Two year old, Ella, is actually the challenge. She really does not understand the concept "inside voice" and thinks everyone should get to know her. We also lately cannot get her to stop singing so all throughout dinner she was serenading the restaurant with her latest renditions of "Three Blind Mice" and "Do You Know The Muffin Man". Very cute for us, I'm not sure how the other patrons felt.

Saturday night we had a Christmas Party at one of our best friend's house. In the past, these were completely wild events ending up with one of us doing something completely embarrassing and subsequent blackmail footage because it was likely not remembered. We used to drink the latest martinis and likened ourselves to the gals on "Sex in the City" with all of us claiming to be most like Sarah Jessica Parker. Oh, we used to be so much fun!!! This year, the party broke up around 10:30pm and I drank 1 very strong cranberry drink that just made me exhausted. Three babies were also in attendance and one pregnant friend. Now we trade kid stories and recipes. :) A much different kind of fun.

We saw Em's Feed Team and GI doctor this morning. Always interesting. They want me to start adding a little yogurt to her diet to get her Calcium intake up just a touch. They also told me that in two months when she turns 1 we will have to re-evaluate her calcium intake because it almost doubles. She jumped up on her growth charts which was great to see and now weighs 18lbs4oz.

This week will be much preparation for Christmas. Lots of wrapping and cookie baking. This week also Brian's parents are moving back home to Wisconsin from North Carolina and we are just so excited because we have missed them so much. I am so excited for Ella and Emerson because there is nothing like love from Grandma and Papa. There may also be a few more movie nights in store for Brian and I with more babysitters available. YES!!!!

I have some cute pics of the girls, but we got a new camera and it will take me a bit to figure out how to get the pics to the computer. Right now I am just too tired to try and think, must sleep...

2 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Make sure to get rest this season and don't run yourself down!

Most of all, enjoy it all. The cocktails I used to enjoy before going out dancing now just make me want to sleep on the couch in front of CNN. How old am I? I actually enjoy this!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Such bitter sweet changes, seems parties used to be much more fun...well different fun anyway :) Good for you guy for venturing out to the fish fry I bet it was not even tht bad :)

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home