Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Junior Kindergarten - Mixed Emotions

My sweet girl started 4 year old kindergarten today. She was so excited that she inhaled breakfast, got dressed and ready to go and then waited around for 20 minutes asking 100 times if the bus was coming because she didn't want to miss it. As I was ready to walk her up the block to catch the bus, she decided she wanted Daddy to walk her up. Are you kidding!? What!? No way?!?! All of these thoughts went through my head, but I could tell she was potentially fragile this morning so I sent her out the door with Daddy and shed a few tears alone. These tears surprised me because she has been sooooooo ready for school and I know will just love it, but I am still sad. She is so little and kind and sweet and pure-hearted. I don't want that to ever change. I want her to stay kind and for people to be kind to her. I am also sad for Emerson that she is losing her constant companion and playmate.

So anyway, of course I jump in my car and head to the school to make sure she makes it okay and doesn't get trampled by the hoards of children or end up in a 6th grade classroom. A bit paranoid, but again, she's so little. She did great, kissed me goodbye and never looked back. She is so ready to be a school kid and I am not quite as ready to let her go.

9 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

She is so beautiful! So Cute! I am glad she did well!

6:47 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

She is the perfect little girl. Adorable, sweet, and kindhearted. Hope she enjoyed her first day. It is heartbreaking isn't it?
She looks so happy in those pictures.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Those first days of school are much tougher on us than them. You are in my thoughts.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Noel said...

She is so very cute! It is very tough to see them start to go at things all on their own. I would have a tough time with letting Dad go and not myself!!

Noel

6:42 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

oh I just dread that day! I'm glad you made it through with only a few tears.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

She is soooo cute!

8:14 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

What adorable pics! These kids grow up so fast... I am sure she will love kindergarten!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Have I told you how beautiful your daughter is? Such a doll!! I hope she is doing well in school and enjoying it.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Johanna said...

PLEASE post some more blogs!!!! I so much enjoy watching Emmerson...her progress, or temorary lack of it, is so heartening. We need some videos as well. At least 2 or maybe 3. She is 3 now and we should be getting to know her as a big girl. Hopefully, with her in school in the morning, you will not forget us.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home