Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We Need a Buyer!

Our new house is ready for us to move into and starting in March we will officially be paying two mortgages. YIKES!!! Needless to say, I am putting together my resume and getting my Speech License back in working order. I haven't kept up with it so I need to take 20 hours of classes to keep it current. We had two house showings last weekend, but so far no offers. Be very happy if you are not selling your house right now. If we don't get any offers in a few months we will probably have to put our new house on the market as well and that would make me incredibly depressed.

Emerson had her follow-up with her Feed Team and she has officially fallen off her weight chart. She had been holding strong at the 15th percentile for a long time but now with walking she is below the 3rd percentile. I told them I'm not all that concerned because as I'm sure all of you have noticed our kiddos are all pretty tiny (except for Tatum :), Lisa I will need some tips). She now weighs 21lbs, 10oz. They are now having me add heavy cream to her soy milk and told me to use lots of olive oil, flax oil, high quality peanut butters, and cream cheeses. I have been doing this all (except the heavy cream) for awhile now and it is our golden retriever, Newman, who is now about 10lbs overweight. Emerson is big into sharing.

I can't believe that Emerson will be 2 years old in less than 2 weeks. This past year went by so quickly and what a great year it was. Emerson can now walk, put objects into containers, points to 10 body parts, can say lots of animal sounds, knows about 12 signs, and is starting to say many words (this morning she said, "hug" the name of her favorite book and "dan" for dance). Most importantly, she is happy, lovable, and a complete charmer. I no longer take any development for granted and have waited many months for some of these skills and when they occur we are just thrilled. When you have a child with special needs nothing is assumed and everything is cheered and cherished. After many months of practicing, Emerson yesterday dropped a ball into a hoop all by herself. Ella turned to me with huge eyes and said, "Mom, call Daddy, Emerson made a basket all by herself!!" Pretty cute.

I am so excited for this potential Ohio get-together. Amy, let me know if I can do anything to help. It would be wonderful to meet all my cyber friends and give each of you and your kids a big hug. I know that I am not the most consistent blogger, but all of you are my sounding board, my comfort, and my support in this life with WS. Thanks for that.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nicole, I am so happy to hear how well Emerson is doing, that is awesome!
Ava Jewel is two and she only weighs about 19 pounds but one of the things I started doing was adding avocado oil and flax oil along with 1/4 cup of this high calories baby cercel from Sweden(forget the name but got it from whole foods) to her 22 oz of formula that I make up for her everday. Have no idea if it is working, I guess I will see on Mondays cardio appointment.
Our dogs too are packing on the pounds, Ava has three best friends when she has food in her hand!
Anna

10:38 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I love this post! It sounds like things are going so well! Sounds like Ella really cheers Emerson on. I love that she told you to call daddy and tell him what Emerson did. (And I love that the dog has gained 10 lbs!!!). Your girls are such sweeties.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Emerson actually weighs almost 2 lbs more than Noah. I don't know if this would help, but he drinks pedia sure for extra calories. He loves it. In fact he won't drink milk. I too hope the Ohio thing works out. Good luck on selling your house.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh Nicole, Emerson sounds like she is doing brilliantly!
Oh if i could i would move to the States and buy your house! Ella is a great big sister :)
LOL... if the dog has gained 10lbs maybe Emerson should be sharing the dogs food too!
xxoo

3:31 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

What great progress! I love these little success stories. They just warm my heart. Good luck with your house

7:46 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Emerson is just doing so great! Other than making reservations soon, iI think we have lots of time to proceed slowly...I hope cuz I don't have tons of time on my hands to proceed quickly. lol. Oh gosh, good luck on selling the OLD house.
XOXO
Amy

9:27 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Wow, Emerson is doing great! Brady isn't doing most of those things and he's still only 19ish lbs. Have you already been giving her peanut butter? I am surprised they are not having you wait until she is 4 because of allergen issues.

Yeah Emerson!! And don't worry about the house - have you heard the old wives tale about burying the St Jospeh's statue upside down in your front yard? It is supposed to help sell your house... it worked for my sister!!!! Try anything ;)

2:26 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Nicole, I hope somebody buys your house soon! I'm sure that is really stressful to think about!
Caleb was a peanut too. I think he weighed 18 pounds for 2 years. He ate everything in sight and grew in height but never gained any weight. He is still only 47 lbs and he is 10. I gave Caleb peanut butter too. PB&J's were always his favorite, even at 2. Good luck, I hope something happens with the house real soon :)

6:29 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

I hope you get your house sold soon so that you can move into your new one. We think off and on about sellign ours and moving but I couldn't even imagine making 2 house payments. The stress alone would drive me nuts!!

I am glad that Emerson is doing well. Ella sounds a little like Abi's sister, Hannah, a therapist in training!!
Our dogs and the rest of us have gained weight, Abi still gains nothing!

Noel

Noel

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home