Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Picture Day

I dread getting my girls pictures taken. It should be fun and exciting and instead I just feel nervous. I feel so much pressure to get a great picture. Sounds ridiculous, I know, but today all my anticipatory dread and fear were very founded. I started getting the girls ready about an hour before leaving. Have you all noticed Emerson's hair lately? She has the tightest curls I have ever seen. Her hair is equal part adorable and maddening. When I wash it out, it is actually quite long and goes down below her shoulders. After washing, I have about 2 minutes to get a comb through it after spraying leave-in conditioner. So anyway, I messed with her hair for about 20 minutes until I was satisfied. We get to the studio and try to keep Emerson from drooling on her outfit and Ella from peeing in her pants. I must add that Emerson at this point is all smiles. After 25 minutes of waiting they call us. Of course, all smiles from Emerson instantly stop. She stares blankly ahead at the cranky photographer who seems very put off. Ella does a great job smiling picture after picture with Emerson zoning out with her tongue sticking slightly out (not cute!) Finally, Emerson starts to cooperate a smidge when Ella proudly announces to the photographer, "I'm all out of smiles! They're all gone." She's three, she's stubborn, and she means it. Photo shoot over! UGH!!

Emerson is such a character lately and is just developing in leaps and bounds. She is so funny and now very much enjoys making us laugh. Here is a short video of her eating oatmeal which I think she really does like. She definitely knows these goofy faces crack us up. What you do miss at the end of the video is her spitting the oatmeal out into her hand and flinging it all over the floor. Too funny.

10 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

LOL! Thats the cutest thing ive ever seen!
xxoo

10:27 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Oh,sooo cute. Boy does that bring back memories. I used to love when EVERY bite of food came right back out! (not!!) She is beautiful. I know I tell you that all the time, but she really is. Curls and all.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh how cute. You are so lucky she eats oatmeal. Try getting a picture with 4 kids. Very frustrating.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

I love the faces she makes! Payton's hair sounds like Emerson's. When it's wet, it is soooo long but then it's kinked up curly (she's mistaken for a boy a lot :( I hate the pictures didn't go well - I always dread them too, but that's only fighting one...so I can't imagine trying to get two to smile at the same time (my 7 month old is still a piece of cake when pics are taken). It looks like Emerson is getting quite the personality :) I love it.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

How freakin' cute :):) Brady does those squished up faces... I wonder what they're thinking?!?!?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hear you, picture day has got to be one of the most stressful days!

I love the faces!! Michaela used to make the srunchy faces, still does sometimes. She is adorable.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hilarious video, Avery gets that face during therapy when she really doesn't like the texture of something, but we are bribing her to taste it. Picture day, not around my house! Avery barely lets me brush her hair, let alone style it for 20 minutes! Johnsons baby shampoo has a new 2-1 with a leave in condition that helps. Try it!
Amy

10:42 AM  
Blogger Noel said...

I love hearing Ella in the background saying "take a picture of me mom!!" Too cute!
Emerson does exactly what Abi used to do. Abi still does it on occasion but a whole lot less often then she used to.

Noel

1:32 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Erik STILL does that!!!!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Aspen said...

HA! I love it! Oh she reminds me of Daven...I love her.

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home