Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Monday, October 27, 2008

Just Because...

I thought I would post a video of Emerson. She is just so lovable and I hope this captures her beautiful, sweet nature. I haven't posted a ton lately on Emerson and what she has been up to because, frankly, we have been at a bit of a standstill. She is expanding upon her single word vocabulary, but not combining a ton of words. This is how it goes with her. Huge bursts of development and then not much. This child is increasing our patience ten-fold. We continue to work hard and hope that it comes. But, we love her and will just wait.



Did you notice in the video that I asked her to not eat the crayon. She eats crayons, candles, you name it. Everything, but food really. The other day I saw her chewing and asked innocently, "Whatcha eating?" Her response, "bugs". I held out my hand and out came a very unhappy ladybug.

6 Comments:

Blogger Noel said...

Very cute. She has grown up so much recently.
Abi doesn't eat bus but she sure does like them too. In fact she kisses most of them-yuck!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

she is too cute for words. Caleb has eaten his share of lady bugs too. I guess maybe they look yummy to a 3 year old? Love her curls!!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

She is adorable. She sounds like her receptive is a little better than Noah's and they are about the same age. I wouldn't stress to much. I know easier said than done. Noah eat cat food all the time.:)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Adorable. She looks so much like Michaela did at that age. She loved to eat crayons too! I had to stop going to the gym the day she became mobile in the babysitting room, there were always crayons on the floor and she found every single one!

3:18 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Avery puts so many things in her mouth, you name it she tastes it. Em is doing so great with her language! I am sure it helps her mom is a ST(:
xoxo
Amy

5:51 AM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

She is just beautiful! I don't think I will ever get over the shock of watching a virtual stranger who could be my daughter's twin. Emerson is just like Clare! I cannot believe she is almost three - I know Emerson will LOVE school, just like Clare does!

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home