Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Monday, June 08, 2009

Just one of those days...

While Emerson can be completely charming and adorable, she has her moments. Today, we spent the afternoon running errands and all of Emerson's adorable quirks were in full effect and not so adorable in public. For instance, as we were standing in the check out lane at the grocery store she asked the woman behind us for a hug. She is very hard even for strangers to resist, so before I could stop it the woman hugged her. Then Emerson asked, "kiss, please?!". Once again before I could utter a word the woman kissed the top of her head. Emerson then grabbed both of the woman's hands and held tight. Ella, who was watching the whole thing, cried out, "Emerson, don't hug and kiss strangers!!!" This then completely embarrasses the poor woman who was just being kind and makes me want to stick my head in a hole. UGH!

Emerson has also started calling out "Hi, Grandma!" to any woman over the age of 40 and "Hi, Daddy!" to any man around Brian's age. I'm trying not to notice the dirty looks.

I am starting potty training with Em tomorrow. We will see how it goes. It may be too early for her, but I figure I have the whole summer to work on it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Oh-I feel your pain. There have been so many times I just want to crawl in a hole.....they bring us out of our shells don't they??
I hope potty training goes ok. I'll be thinking about you all.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Tes said...

Girl I broke out laughing (I am sorry)I can not count the number of men that Lila has caused to stumble or possible heart attacks. I just smile and say Nope you don't know us!. Right on the spot for "grandma" too, unfortunate women have had all their hard earned primping dumped on by Lila. For Heaven's sake she told a jogger younger then me a grandma! poor woman.
I tell any adult coming with us to make sure their hair is done and have lipstick on "cause we are going to meet everyone under the sun, prepare yourself!" they always tell me "you were right we met a lot of people today" My oldest would like to melt into the pavement most of the time.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Oh yes. Erik calls every guy "Daddy." Makes you feel like town floozy but you get used to it. :) So adorable, right?!

I understand.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Good for Ella. Noah does the same thing, every old man "pappy" and old lady "grandma". They thankfully always have grey hair. Good luck potty training. We have been at it since February and he always tells me he has to poop, but that is it.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with you potty training. My Nicholas, who was a premie, was the most stubborn kid in the world. I am so impressed with Emerson. She is high functioning! Bravo. You will do fine. Bribe, bribe, bribe.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Lyndsey McKnight said...

Hello, my husband ran across your blog while he was looking for mine. My daughter's name is also Emerson and she has Williams Syndrome too. I noticed you haven't been on here in quite some time but I wanted to send you a comment on the chance that you check it every so often!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home