Life with Ella and Emerson

This is a blog dedicated to my beautiful daughters, Ella and Emerson. Emerson was diagnosed with a rare, genetic disorder called Williams Syndrome when she was 5 months old.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Wisconsin, United States

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Introducing Emerson Grace












I feel Emerson is ready to be introduced to the WS blogger community. More accurately her mama feels like she is no longer drowning and can actually commit to writing a blog. Emerson Grace is 8 months old and was diagnosed with WS about 3 months ago. She FINALLY seems to be done with her colick which I completely attribute to her hypercalcemia. I really spent the majority of her first 7 months of life soothing her. Most of our time was spent bouncing up and down and saying "shh-shh'shh" or if I was very desperate we would go into the bathroom where I could run the fan. I do feel like a professional soother and could write a book on soothing tips. It is also a good way to lose weight by the way and unfortunately get gray hair!! Anyway, life is so much better now and I am actually getting to know a beautiful, charming baby that was hidden in a body that must have felt so terrible.

The following blogs on beautiful children with WS helped me get through a very tough time and I want to dedicate this to them: Clare, Tatum, Daven Tate, Eric, Avery, Ava, Brady, and Szabi. I know only some of the moms know me, but I feel like I know all of you well and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for getting me to where I am today. By reading your thoughts, concerns, and joys I knew I wasn't alone out there. Maybe I too can provide that to new parents of children with WS. Lots of Love...

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Nichole, Your Blog is beautiful I am so glad you started one. Welcome to the neighborhood. I am so excited to get a chane to share in yours and you lovley girls life. It is so nice to know we are all here for each other. Someday our kids are going ot be there for each other too.

Love, lisa

1:40 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Yay, Nicole! Welcome to the blog world. I hope you find writing as therapeutic as I have. There is nothing you are feeling or have felt that we don't relate to on some level, so don't be afraid to let it go and get it out!

Erik and I are honored to know you!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Aspen said...

Nicole, I already LOVE her! She is truly beautiful. I am honored to have you in our little blogging world. (Where everybody knows your name.)

I totally know what you mean by spending the first 7 months simply trying to sooth your child...Daven was the exact same way. Poor little man had colic for 10 months. Miserable for EVERYBODY involved.

WELCOME NICOLE!

8:16 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Very classy! You just started a very long journey so be kind to yourself. Ever day gets easier, and the proof is in the pudding, low calcium pudding, no more colick for little Emerson!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Blogging! It is so great to have each other to lean on, so always know we are all there for you :)

I am a big picture person - LOVE the one of Emerson in your opening! She is so adorable!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Teresa and Shawn said...

Welcome to the blogger community! Yea - we sucked another one in. Emerson is just beautiful. You will need to post some photos of her older sister, too!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Ava's Grandma Kim said...

Oh,Nicole, your babies (and your words) are beautiful! I am so glad that you are enjoying all the blogs. I believe that reading them has been the driving force in my learning to accept Ava's WS. I look forward to reading your posts. Gotcha bookmarked, girl!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home